Why we want to do this
- To capture and share what we learn – despite doing content marketing for years, we’re still on the same steep learning curve that the entire B2B world is on. And we find that if we don’t actively capture stuff we’ve learned… we forget we learned it.
- To foster a spirit of experimentation – if we know we have to report our experiences with you, we’ll need to make them interesting experiences.
- To give an honest picture of a real campaign – most case stories are bathed in rosy light, as if nothing ever went wrong. We all know that’s bullshit but very few companies want the world to see them groping around in the dark. We don’t mind – and the result may be a real case story for fellow B2B marketers.
- For fun – content marketing in the digital era is a blast. You get to try new things, test your hunches and see the results almost instantly. When things work, it’s a shot of adrenalin. When they flop, you get to analyse why. And blame Neil.
Why you should want to follow this
- To avoid the mistakes we make – and have a good laugh at our expense
- And seize the opportunities we discover – if you haven’t already discovered them
- And contribute your thoughts, hunches and ideas – because, hey, we’re all in this together