Velocity goes German: copy, but much more than paste.
Either by accident or design, Velocity has ended up with a statistically significant proportion of Germans on our team. Usually, they keep us apart but we recently found ourselves in the same pub and hatched a plan.
Fast forward two months and….
Velocity has officially launched a blog in German to share even more of our juicy B2B Content Marketing stuff with the world.
Check it out here. Even if you don’t speak German, it’s pretty cool.
Have we lost our senses? Quite possibly. But that doesn’t mean we don’t have a good rationale behind this experiment in multi-culturalism:
- Opportunity. There’s just not enough being written about Content Marketing in German. That’s not a problem, it’s an opportunity.
- Curiosity. We want to throw our two Pfennig’s worth into Germany’s B2B Marketing orbit and see what comes back.
- Homesickness. We miss home every once in a while and need a break from these certifiably insane Brits and Yanks.
- Pure pride. We want to prove to all the guys out there who think Germany is years behind in B2B Marketing that they are soooo wrong.
- Fun. It’s an exciting experiment to be starting from scratch again and to reach out into the void with no preconceived ideas about where it will lead.
It’s the start of a journey that could take us anywhere or nowhere at all. But it will definitely be a huge learning experience (which we’ll be documenting along the way).
And we really need your help. You know how cruel it can be out there.
Even if you don’t verstehst ein bißchen Deutsch, please do spread the love. Share the news on Twitter. Share it with your German friends on LinkedIn. Share it even with your dog if it’s a Schnauzer. And please feel free to send us your feedback – of any kind.
(BTW – if you do understand German, hit the RSS button to stay up-to-date.)
Ok, let’s do this thing!
Volker Schnaars | November 8th, 2012
That´s a great initiative of you. As a German native speaker, as certified inbound marketing professional and a content marketer by heart I will be happy to support your German blog. If you need assistance. Let me know.
Martha Rzeppa | November 8th, 2012
Thanks Volker! Happy to hear you like it. Help is always more than welcome – I’ll shoot you a separate email right away.