Phil is a Kiwi, dad to two baby girls, a designer with a serious love of typography, and a pretty chilled out guy overall. Phil’s been with Velocity since 2014. Some of the things he loves:
- Anything typography-related: hand lettering, sign painting, letterpress, old signage, bottle caps, monograms
- Pie – if you’re wondering who ate it all: it was Phil
- Hand-crafted things that have personality (like these)
- San Francisco, especially the Mission district
- Industrial design and architecture – Functional, less-is-more, stripped-back Bauhaus-style stuff.
- Aaron Draplin’s work – the guy’s a designer or something