Search Lead – UK
We’re Velocity, the content marketing agency with a performance twist.
Our philosophy is that marketers should spend their time making stuff that moves the dial. Stuff that prospects read and share. Stuff that audiences can find.
We’re looking for a Search Lead ready to prime some of the world’s biggest and best content portfolios into SERP gold.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Know how to help plan content to drive the right search traffic for our clients and add options to content planning (backlinking strategies, influencer interaction)
- Run and manage key software packages (SEMRush, Moz, Screaming Frog) to identify technical and content opportunities to support strategy.
- Work with our planners, writers and account people to establish best search practices across a client set with real understanding.
- Seamlessly link with analytics, optimization and reporting tools
- Be responsible for search performance management with a clear focus on implementation, testing, optimization and application across client lifecycles.
- Work with our analysts, development and strategy teams to prepare effective reports that show results and drive new ideas.
- Contribute to the growth, development and expansion of performance marketing with your search knowledge
- Ensure understanding and execution of best practices into the fabric of the team’s operational processes.
- Represent the business at industry events and help create a body of literature on search marketing in the content sphere.
We expect that you:
- Have at least five years’ experience working with search marketing in an agency environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the content marketing industry and the role of search within it
- Will be able to debate and articulate the latest search thinking with your clients and colleagues with a cool, measured expertise.
- Are a digital native familiar with the search industry: methodologies, toolsets, personalities and opportunities
- Can work effectively across the digital marketing projects and collaborate well with clients and your team members.
- Are service oriented, but able to stand up for yourself and the agency so we’re always focused on the right objectives and outcomes, able to communicate well with different types of clients, work comfortably in the classic office tools, as well as social platforms
- Are hungry to learn about tech markets and B2B working
- Communicate clearly, on paper and verbally, both with clients and colleagues
We’re looking for an energetic person with great attention to detail with a hunger for success and an ambition to succeed.
This is an opportunity for the right person to write their own ticket. We’re a small, tight-knit multi-national team that’s going places (we’re already working with some B2B aristocrats, including Citrix, Salesforce and AWS).
You’ll work alongside some great people (marketers, writers, designers, video producers, animators and the like) who are helping our clients navigate through the digital marketing labyrinth – and most importantly, get the results they need. And you’ll be riding some steep growth and learning curves, experimenting with new ideas all the time and taking our clients to new places.
And Velocity also offers:
- A great company culture well set up for hybrid working
- A focus on personal development
- Training time and budget – you get to choose how to spend it
- Lots of social stuff and ‘organised fun’, both company wide and driven by interest/ hobby groups
- 25 holiday days pro rata
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year
- Pension: 5% employer contribution on qualifying earnings
- 1 x Volunteer/ Community Day
- Life Assurance
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.