Resource Manager – Maternity Cover (Remote or Hybrid)
We are currently seeking a passionate, organised diplomat who has a ‘can do’ attitude focused around finding the right solution for Client & Agency. A team player who can motivate and inspire, and has a ‘progress not process’ mentality in everything they do.
As a Velocity Resourcing Manager, you will:
- Work in tandem with our project management team to traffic work through the agency, helping to make sure projects keep within budget and run to time.
- Act as a focal point for resolving day-to-day resource conflicts.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships across the agency, and use your influence to reach a consensus across teams, seeking win-win solutions.
- Become a ‘super user’ of our resource/ project delivery platform ‘Mavenlink’.
- Host daily team stand-ups for the creative teams and weekly scheduling meetings for the project management team.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the different skill-sets within our creative teams in order to ensure the right people are assigned to each project.
- Make recommendations around the use of freelancers and keep track of freelance costs making sure we remain within budget.
- Help onboard new freelancers and develop our existing network of freelancers
- Ensure timesheets are up to date and, on occasion, provide data and narrative reports, highlighting patterns around efficiencies and inefficiencies, which may influence project costings and improvements in project delivery
What we’d like you to bring to Velocity:
- You will have at least 2 year’s agency experience in a similar role
- You’ll live for problem solving and be a born diplomat well versed in having to work fluidly and flexibly
- You’ll have excellent negotiation and communication skills
- You’ll ideally have a good understanding of the creative process, particularly as it pertains to copywriting, design and web development
- A keen eye for detail but also able to see the big picture
- A demonstrable proactive personality
- You’ll have ideally used a traffic management/ project delivery platform before. We use Mavenlink. If you’re familiar with that, that’s a bonus.
- You’ll have excellent Excel and/ or Google Sheets skills
And in return, Velocity offers:
- A great company culture well set up for hybrid working
- A focus on personal development
- Training time and budget – you get to choose how to spend it
- Lots of social stuff and ‘organised fun’, both company wide and driven by interest/ hobby groups
- 25 holiday days pro rata
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year
- Volunteer/ community day x 1 p/a
- Pension: 5% employer contribution on qualifying earnings
- Life Assurance
Salary dependent on experience