Velocity values writing. If you’re the kind of weirdo who’s a few years into this strange career and you’ve got an appetite to get great at it, then first: God help you, and second: this is the place to do that.
- Advocate for your clients – this isn’t a content mill. We need writers that care enough to do this well, and know the path of least resistance seldom leads to the best work.
- Be curious, versatile and consistent – whatever you’re working on, you’ll research and interview your way to expertise and authority.
- Develop your own viewpoint – this is a thinking job as much as a writing job. You’ll help clients zoom out to navigate big picture B2B trends and themes as well as their own in-the-weeds challenges.
- Get tight with other teams – this agency runs on do-ers. You’ll be in high demand across the Accounts, Design, Development, Performance and Resourcing teams as someone who pushes projects forward.
- Help our writers improve – we all learn from each other. You’ll review work from your peers and help grow and refine our collective vision of what great marketing looks like.
- Push us forward – learn the fundamentals, then break them. Nail every brief, then start refining them. Internalize our processes, then help us improve them.
- Step outside your comfort zone – it takes guts to take risks. You have them. You’ll present work to clients, field challenging questions, defend subjective decisions and get comfy navigating lots of viewpoints on your writing.
As a Mid-weight Writer, you’ll work closely alongside the lead writer on each account to help clients tell better stories more effectively. You’ll help to shape and execute projects as they move throughout the agency and start building your strategy chops. That means you’ll do things like this:
- Validate, interrogate and execute briefs from clients and account people
- Research the clients, products and markets through interviews, over the phone and in-person
- Suggest content topics, issues and stories
- Present ideas to clients and collect feedback
- Create outlines for specific pieces
- Write copy
- Work with designers, video producers and developers to see ideas through to completion
- Support Velocity marketing with blog posts, content experiments, longer pieces, social media participation, etc
Perks & benfits:
- Smart, kind, wonderful people
- Training time and budget – you get to choose how to spend it
- Work with tech companies from all over the world and across a variety of sectors. From blockchain startups to established giants.
- A hybrid working environment. You will determine how often you want to work remotely or come into the office.
- Regular dogs in the office (when we’re back in the office)
- Lots of socials and “organized fun” (the good type) and interest/ hobby groups
- Salary dependant on experience
- 25 holiday days pro rata
- Life assurance
- Pension: 5% employer contribution on qualifying earnings
If this sounds like you, send your CV and portfolio over to email@example.com. Thank you!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.