We’re looking for a full-time, full-stack, mid-level dev.
Someone who’s great in a team, strong communicator and simply loves what they do. Agency experience isn’t essential but it’s probably a good thing.
As a Velocity Mid-Level Dev, you will:
- Coding components, making modules, guiding the juniors and other departments and most importantly, working with the team to build amazing websites and experiences.
- We primarily build large scale CMS projects using WordPress; creating bespoke themes and plugins to fully tailor the build to the needs of the client. We’re also branching out into more of the JS based frameworks, particularly Next.js + React and Svelte and the headless world. Experience with this will be a huge asset to the team!
- There’s a nice balance of pace on projects; generally with enough time to be thorough and craft what we’re building, whilst still having lots of different projects in progress within the team at any one time.
The kind of dev we’re looking for:
- Has a passion for learning, particularly about digital and the web
- Has great initiative and ambition – you might not know how to help yet, but you’ll do your best to figure something out
- Is team orientated, enthusiastic and loves what they do
- Is already well versed with WordPress, and looking to get into more headless / modern JS stuff
- Cares about performance and wants to make their sites fast
- Brings new ideas and skills to the table
- Has great communication skills – can talk dev to non-devs
- Has a desire to make their builds special and memorable, even if only in small way
- Smushes tech together and learns new stuff in their spare time
The tech stack and languages
Stuff you’ll probably want to be comfortable with:
- WordPress + PHP
- Debugging / testing for cross compatibility
- Knowledge / interest in current trends and development techniques
Stuff you don’t need to know, but will be likely working with at some point:
- SASS / LESS
- Working with APIs
- UX / UI skills & understanding
- JS Task runners (Gulp / Grunt)
- HTML emails
- Marketo / Hubspot
And in return, Velocity offers:
- Smart, kind, wonderful people
- Training time and budget – you get to choose how to spend it
- A great company culture well set up for hybrid working
- 25 holiday days pro rata
- Pension: 5% employer contribution on qualifying earnings (after first 3 months)
- Lots of social stuff and organised fun, both company wide and driven by interest/ hobby groups
- End of year party (a long weekend away somewhere nice with partners)
- Flexible public holiday dates to align with different faiths etc
- Volunteer / community day
- Life assurance
- Salary dependent on experience
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Need more info before you apply?
Here are some pieces we (lovingly) wrote that give you an idea of what it’s like to work for us. Spoiler: it’s pretty great.
- How to tie a bow tie — A window into how we throw ourselves into things we don’t know
- Days where you just don’t wanna — Why we don’t try and cover up those bad days at work
- 10 Tales from 10 years at Velocity Partners — Lessons we’ve learned from over the last decade (and a bit) of working in B2B tech marketing
Culture eats strategy for breakfast. Grab a fork.
It may sound all tree-huggy but it turns out culture matters. A lot. So we tried to capture ours.Read our story
Meet the Development team
Deputy Head of Development