Junior Web Developers
Velocity is on the hunt for two new junior web developers.
We’re looking for someone who’s:
- fuelled by learning – you don’t need to know everything but you’ve got to have a hearty thirst for digital and web.
- with great initiative and ambition – you might not know how to help yet, but you’ll do your best to figure something out
- great to work with – team oriented, enthusiastic and loves what they do.
Agency experience isn’t essential but it’s probably a good thing.
What you’ll be doing
Velocity is a roll your sleeves up and get stuck in kind of culture, so you’ll be exposed to all kinds of projects that branch into the world of dev. You’ll be working alongside our senior developers to maintain and extend the site’s we’ve lovingly crafted for clients both existing and new. These could be websites that look like websites (typically WordPress CMS projects), or websites that don’t particularly look like websites (like animation centric interactive web experiences). Building new components and modules, creating plugins for WordPress, connecting software together with APIs and learning our best practises along the way.
Tech you need to know… (good exposure to most of the following):
- WordPress + PHP
- Debugging / testing for cross compatibility
- SASS / LESS
- Knowledge / interest in current trends and development techniques
- Creative Suite – Adobe etc.
With some knowledge of… (non-essential but bonus kudos):
- UX / UI skills & understanding
- D3 / Canvas / Data Visualization libraries
- JS Task runners (Gulp / Grunt)
- HTML emails
- App development (iOS / android / PhoneGap)
- Marketo knowledge
Salary dependant on experience
25 holiday days pro rata
If this sounds like you, send your CV over to email@example.com with some examples of your work.