Junior Web Developer – London
We’re looking for a full-time, full-stack, junior dev.
Someone who’s great in a team, strong communicator and simply loves what they do.
The kind of dev we're looking for...
- Is fuelled by learning – passionate about digital and the web
- Has great initiative and ambition – you might not know how to help yet, but you’ll do your best to figure something out
- Great to work with – team oriented, enthusiastic and loves what they do
- Wants to make their builds special and memorable, even if only in small ways
- Smushes tech together and learns new stuff in their spare time
What you’ll be doing:
Velocity is a roll your sleeves up and get stuck in kind of culture, so you’ll be exposed to all kinds of projects that branch into the world of dev. You’ll be working alongside the other developers to maintain and extend the site’s we’ve lovingly crafted for clients both existing and new.
These could be websites that look like websites (typically WordPress CMS projects), or websites that don’t particularly look like websites (like animation centric interactive web experiences). Building new components and modules, creating plugins for WordPress, connecting software together with APIs and learning our best practises along the way.
The tech stack and languages:
Stuff you’ll probably want to be comfortable with:
- WordPress + PHP
- Debugging / testing for cross compatibility
- Knowledge / interest in current trends and development techniques
Stuff you don’t need to know, but will be likely working with at some point:
- SASS / LESS
- Working with APIs
- UX / UI skills & understanding
- JS Task runners (Gulp / Grunt)
- HTML emails
- Marketo / Hubspot
Perks and Benefits:
- Smart, kind, wonderful people
- Training time and budget – you get to choose how to spend it
- Hack time – dream up cool stuff then build it!
- Regular dogs in the office (when we’re back in the office)
- Lots of socials and “organized fun” (the good type)
- Close-knit team
- Salary dependant on experience
- 25 holiday days pro rata
- Life assurance
- Pension: 5% employer contribution on qualifying earnings
If this sounds like you, send your CV over to email@example.com along with a good example of something you’ve built and some bullets explaining what you did and what’s cool about it, or fill in this handy google form.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.