Hello Account Directors
At Velocity, Account Directors own the most important determinant of success in the entire agency: our client relationships.
Our account directors are strategic advisors, trust builders, and stewards of the relationships that lead to great work. That’s hugely important to us, so when it comes to hiring, we’re kind of picky.
We’re a fast-growing, B2B content marketing agency specializing in technology markets. Our work earned us the Content Marketing Institute’s Agency of the Year in 2016 (yes, we’re still milking that).
Our HQ is in London but most of our clients are in the US. So we opened a New York City office (well, a WeWork in Soho) with big ambitions to grow it into an all-singing, all-dancing content marketing powerhouse (singing and dancing optional).
If you’ve read this far, we’re starting to suspect you’re a smart, talented account director who knows how to deliver digital programs while building strong client relationships—but you’re getting kind of bored and you’re starting to look around (don’t feel guilty, you’ve had a great ride there, it’s just time to do new things, you know?).
The kind of things you’d do here:
- Help build a content strategy, develop a program and drive it to the finish line on time, on brief and to budget
- Lead the relationships with a variety of clients – keeping everybody in sync
- Spot opportunities to grow your accounts, extending and deepening our senior-level client relationships
- Advise clients on their strategic, tactical and creative choices
- Report on the performance of our programs
- Develop our account managers into superstars
- Contribute to the agency’s direction and growth
We reckon that you:
- Have about seven years’ experience in B2B (ideally tech) marketing, with at least some of that being agency-side
- Get how digital content and promotion works today
- Aren’t afraid of tech markets (in fact, secretly like them)
- Are service-oriented but confident enough to push back when clients want the wrong things
- Can comfortably multi-task – managing several programs, deadlines and teams at once
- Are goal-oriented, results-driven and love to meet (or exceed) a monthly target
- Communicate clearly, in writing and verbally, both with clients and colleagues
This is an opportunity to write your own ticket. We’re a small, tight-knit multi-national team that’s going places (with clients like Sprint, Xerox, Salesforce and AWS as well as hot, early-stage tech companies).
You’ll work along insanely great people (planners, writers, designers, developers and the odd—and we do mean odd—finance types), united in helping our clients navigate the mean streets of B2B. And you’ll be riding some steep growth and learning curves, experimenting with new ideas all the time and taking our clients to new places. That’s our idea of fun.
If you like the sound of that, don’t wait and get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org