Account Director – London
We’re Velocity, the content marketing agency specialising in digital, technology, B2B and other stuff that’s hard to get your head around.
Our philosophy is that marketers should spend their time making stuff that moves the dial. Stuff that prospects read and share. Stuff that the target audience loves.
At Velocity, Account Directors own the most important determinant of success in the entire agency: our client relationships.
Our account directors are strategic advisors, trust builders, and stewards of the relationships that lead to great work. That’s hugely important to us, so when it comes to hiring, we’re kind of picky. If you are an account manager with experience managing complex digital projects at an agency or in-house, but want to step up to the Premier League, this may be for you.
What we want from you:
- Help build a content strategy, develop a program and drive it to the finish line on time, on brief and to budget
- Take a strategic brief and turn it into clear instructions for writers and designers and realistic budgets and timescales for clients
- Work with colleagues to manage ongoing contact with the client, keeping them, us and the project in perfect sync
- Have the confidence to advise clients on the best choices to make in a variety of mediums and channels
- Spot opportunities to grow your accounts, extending and deepening our senior-level client relationships
- Report on the performance of our programs
- Direct line management of account management, developing their individual paths so they are superstars
- Contribute to the agency’s direction and growth
We’d expect that you:
- Get how digital content and promotion works today
- Aren’t afraid of tech markets (in fact, actively like them)
- Are service-oriented but confident enough to push back when clients want the wrong things
- Can comfortably multi-task – managing several programs, deadlines and teams at once
- Have thorough understanding and hands-on experience in managing relationships and negotiating with companies of all sizes
- Are goal-oriented, results-driven and love to meet (or exceed) a monthly target
- Communicate clearly, in writing and verbally, both with clients and colleagues
Salary is DOE
25 holiday days pro rata
If you’d like to be considered for this role please send your portfolio, CV and anything else you’d like to add to email@example.com